The Hidden cost of Aging IT Infrastructure
Historically, purchasing expensive hardware, servers and other costly equipment using Capital Expenditure, and stretching the investment as far as it could go before replacing, made financial sense.
However, now with technology infrastructure demand evolving much faster, and the requirement for a consistent and understandable IT budget, that calculation will not add up anymore. Aging infrastructure brings a lot of hidden costs as it results in performance degradation, rising maintenance costs, energy inefficiencies and much more, resulting in the kind of boom-bust budgeting of the past decade.
Here are some queries for a thought:
- Does the company IT infrastructure under the vendor warranty?
- Do the auditors know that your hardware and software are not compliant?
- Are the users consistently complaining about performance issues?
- Cannot new software purchase be installed on the old hardware?
- Is there a process for network security audit by 3rd party?