Why Data Management?
We recognize data as a critical core asset and data management as a professional discipline. Our service framework is built to find answers & provide solutions to some of the most critical data management questions a client may have:
Do we know where all our data is?
Are we getting all the data we need?
Are we getting all the data as and when we need it?
Is the data in the right format for use?
Do the current application systems enable us to access data easily?
Do we have trust in the quality of data in our subsurface projects?
Iterative DM Service Model
Reliable Inc. is not in the business to deliver just another PowerPoint show or providing you with canned assessment reports on how data management could or should be done. We will independently assess your requirements, evaluate your risks & will provide real & pragmatic data management solutions while working with you in your environment.
Our end-to-end services deal with every step in the data management process – from data capture & verification to data storage, data organization, data access, data transformation & loading to projects. We will work with your GG&E team, harness the full potential of your existing application systems, understand DM issues, and devise solutions to deliver & maintain consistent quality-assured data to exploration & geotechnical user projects. We will develop custom plug-in or utilities as and when needed. We will help implement & maintain data management framework comprising; policies, quality procedures, methodology, best practice & services.
With 20+ years of collective industry experience, Reliable Inc. has consistently been able to handle the complexities of cleaning up, verifying and organizing petro-technical data. Our iterative delivery cycle is structured to optimize data management throughput.
Our Iterative DM Services
Reliable Inc. will access your end-to-end data infrastructure, virtually integrate multi-source data sets, clean and synchronize. Our techniques will address both structured and unstructured data assets. We build custom tools and utilities, as and when needed.
Data cleaning services include the process of detecting and correcting errors and inconsistencies from a data set in order to improve its quality. Our data cleaning services aim not just to clean the data, but also to bring uniformity to different data sets that have been merged from other sources. After cleansing, a data set should be consistent with similar data sets within the system. We provide a full suite of data cleansing services
- Import Data: Unclean data from your systems (structured and unstructured) is imported into our cleansing system. Typically provided by you in ASCII database extract, Excel, CSV, or Tab-Separated Text file format.
- Merge Data Sets: Data from multiple differently formatted sources (databases, applications, excel, csv, sql, sap, etc) is converted and merged into a common database.
- Rebuild Missing Data: Wherever possible, missing information is recreated (e.g. well name, current status, etc.).
- Standardize Data: Data is combined, separated or modified to ensure that the same standards are applied across data from each source. This step ensures the creation of a standardized dataset that can be used to populate the master data source.
- Normalise Data: Similar data is normalised (e.g. uwi, well name, well status, etc).
- De-Duplicate data: We use a custom-built fuzzy-matching algorithm to identify potential duplicates. Our methodology provides high accuracy matches with a tolerance for misspelling, missing values or different values. For mission-critical data, these results are manually reviewed (by either us or our client) and the database updated accordingly.
- Verify & Enrich Data: Data is validated against internal and external database sources and additional value-adding info is appended. Alternatively, we also provide self-verification services.
- Export Data: Data can be exported in numerous formats, for example, excel, csv, SQL database, XML, tiff, PDF, or as required. Typically, we return it in the same layout and format that we receive it.